Founded in 1972, Indian Society for Applied Behavioural Science (ISABS) is a national, voluntary society of behavioural scientists engaged in applying their knowledge and skill to the well being of persons, organisations, communities and the society at large.
It’s members work as independent consultants, trainers, counsellors, academicians, human resource managers, line managers, executives and community change agents.
ISABS' major objectives are to promote education, research and development in the field of Applied Behavioral Science in India. Its major tasks are:
- To provide opportunities for fulfilling the affiliate needs of these professionals who share common interests in experience- based learning.
- To advance conceptual and cognitive knowledge in the field of Applied Behavioral Science, and to share and develop professional skills.
- To develop professional services for, as yet unsaved areas of public interest, such as education, health, rural, backward and slum organizations.
- To offer opportunities for training and continuing education for professional development of the new entrants in the field of Applied Behavioral Science.
- To develop and set professional norms for its Professional Membership.
- To undertake and encourage research and publications in the field of Applied Behavioral Science.