Coverage & Duration
This is a 2 week lab which has the following broad objectives:
- Diagnosing human processes in self and group
- Linking experiences with relevant theory and concepts
- Experimenting with interventions that facilitate exploration at different levels – individual, interpersonal and group; and practicing process diagnosis for individuals and groups
- Become aware of one's need for influence, acceptance, recognition, etc. and their impact on stances and roles taken
- Diagnosing group processes (inclusion/exclusion, gender, leadership & power, authority, decision making, etc.)
- Experientially understanding the relationship between one’s personality and one’s presence In the group
- Experiment with articulating behavioral processes noticed in self and group
- Examine conscious and unconsciously held beliefs and values and their impact on facilitation
- Explore and understand conflicts between person and role
- Develop the ability to identify conscious and unconscious group processes underlying interactions in the group
- Reflect and examine interventions made - levels, intention & impact
- Become aware of deeply held attitudes to learning, one's style (I’d prefer the word ‘model’ to ‘style’)of facilitation & their links
- Become aware of boundaries of role and task
- The candidate should have completed Phase A. Completion of all logs, including the work done during Phase A and inter-phase work is essential for entry into Phase B.
- The candidate is cleared for Phase B by the Mentor and the Regional PDP Committee or Dean PDP for those regions not having a Regional Coordinator.
Inter-phase work before starting internship:
- Log on the experience and learnings of Phase B to be submitted within 4 months of attending the event
- A log on readings on any two of the following areas:
- Gender dynamics in organizations / society
- Social exclusion and inclusion processes (based on caste, class, gender and other differences)
- Dealing functionally with attraction and sexuality issues
- Group dynamics, conscious and unconscious processes in groups
- Any one of the following:
- Log on experimenting with individual and group level interventions in a back home situation or
- Log on observation of group dynamics at a back-home meeting
- Research Project (applying behavioural science approach) to be done individually or in a small group. The research project and log covers briefly the area of research, hypothesis that needed to be tested, methodology followed, findings and conclusion.
Readiness for Internshipimplies
- The candidate has demonstrated in Phase B the above competencies to a large extent, as clearly stated by the facilitators in the candidate's feedback form.
- The candidate has completed the inter-phase work between Phase B and Internship as outlined above
- The Dean PDP certifies that the candidate has fulfilled the inter-phase requirement for entering internship.