Coverage & Duration
This is a 2 week lab aimed at developing experiential and conceptual understanding of processes that occur at multiple levels in small groups and building skills in diagnostic interventions at self, interpersonal and group level.
- Explore H&N feelings and learn to deal with them in functional ways
- Become aware of implicitly accepted and explicitly stated group norms and their impact on learning of self and group
- Become aware of one’s fears, needs, and values in action and their impact on behavior and choices made
- Be sensitive to the roles typically taken in groups and experiment with a wider range of roles
- Become aware of how one responds to those in Authority and uses one’s Personal Authority in the group
- Experiment with using one’s personal authority and providing leadership in the group
- Experiment with practicing T Group values – spontaneity, authenticity, confrontation, autonomy, etc. in one’s interactions
- Notice and articulate conscious and unconscious processes in communication, decision making, leadership, authority, dealing with conflict, etc. at self, interpersonal and group levels
- Become aware of the social processes of Inclusion and Exclusion based on gender, caste, class, age, and other differences
- Become aware of the dynamics of attraction and sexuality
- Develop skills of diagnosing and offering hypothesis at individual, interpersonal and group levels
- The candidate should have participated in an ALHP Lab facilitated by a Professional Members of ISABS, within the past 2 years
- The Regional PDP Committee should have cleared the candidate for PDP and participation in the Phase A Lab
Inter-phase work for movement from Phase A to Phase B:
- Logs of the Phase A lab
- Observation of a T-Group and writing a log on the experience of observation, with specifics of the observations made and the assumptions and interpretations behind the observation. The log must also bring out the candidate's ability to distinguish between observations, interpretations and judgments. The log should be submitted within 4 months of attending the event
- Working on personal issues with the chosen mentor and a log on interactions with the mentor, and the progression of the mentor-mentee relationship
- Cognitive Mapping of the candidate's personal growth, with special emphasis on the her/his emotional state of being Book Reading and Review from books related to behavioural science and human process work.
- Connecting the ideas and concepts in the book to one's life and lab experience.
Readiness for Phase B implies
- The candidate has demonstrated the above-stated competencies in Phase A to a large extent.
- The candidate has contracted with a professional member of ISABS to be his/her mentor during the PDP journey
- The candidate applying for phase B has completed the inter-phase work documenting the work and learning during Phase A and the inter-phase work.
- The mentor of the candidate supervises and certifies that the candidate has fulfilled the inter-phase requirement and clears the candidate for Phase B
- The candidate has been cleared by the respective Regional PDP Committee, consisting of at least 3 professional members from the region, or Dean (Professional Development) if the candidate does not belong to any region