ISABS' major objectives are to promote education, research and development in the field of Applied Behavioral Science in India. They are accomplished through.
- Provision of opportunities for fulfilling the affiliate needs of those professionals who share common interests in experience-based learning.
- Advancement of conceptual and cognitive knowledge in the field of Applied Behavioral Science, and sharing and developing professional skills.
- Development of professional services for unsaved areas of public interest, such as education, health, rural, backward and slum organizations.
- Offering opportunities for training, and continuing education for professional development of the new entrants in the field of Applied Behavioral Science.
- Developing and setting professional norms for its Professional Membership.
- Undertaking and encouraging research and publications in the field of Applied Behavioral Science.